Why Nigerian Youths Are Neglected In Leadership – Ooni Of Ife

ooni of ife

The Imperial Majesty, the Ooni de Ife, has said that young Nigerians are denied leadership opportunities because they are not captured in the constitution of the nation.

The Ooni observed by confirming an award in the Executive Vice President Chairman of the Communications Commission of Nigeria, Prof. Umar Danbatta in Abuja.

He said that young people are much more important than any vital dignitary in Nigeria, but they were denied the opportunity by the same leaders who became leaders in their 30s and urged young people to take advantage of every available chance to regain leadership of the youth. Country. the generation of ageing

“Leaders ignore the young people of this country because they were not taken into account in the constitution, it is up to them to maintain that mantle of leadership and have that sense of leadership.” Most of today’s leaders became leaders of 30 years

The young people of this country are the owners of this country because 60% of the population is under 30 years old and 75% is under 40 years old, and the remaining 25% are others.

“Then, young people (75%) own the country; young people need to come together and propose initiatives, embrace each other, help each other, walk towards the improvement of the future, do not think you’re too young.

The problem with Nigerian leaders is that they do not give young Nigerians 100 percent independence to execute their initiatives. “It’s time for all the young people to wake up from sleep, they should tell the nation what to do, not the other way around, not the minority telling them what to do, the future is bright for you, work to improve this country.

READ  Muhammadu Buhari 2nd Term Supporters,Enemies of Nigeria-Charles Udo Udeogaranya

“Opportunities are what can bring wealth, not money.” Think outside the box and do not wait for anyone, get up to be independent. It’s time for us to see the good side of this country. I am here to encourage you to be important, “said the Ooni.

In presenting the award, Ooni commended the NCC for initiating the youth empowerment program, saying that the Commission was considered for the award because of the tremendous impact of its regulation on the national telecommunications industry, which led to the creation of millions of jobs for young Nigerians.

In his acceptance speech, Professor Danbatta said that the Commission not only focuses on regulating the telecommunications industry but is also making many contributions to the growth, development and empowerment of Nigerian youth.

Danbatta, who was represented on the occasion by the Director of Public Relations of the Commission, Mr. Reuben Muoka said that the NCC is empowering young people through the Digital Awareness Program, DAP with which deploys sets of computer facilities in Nigerian schools to ensure that young people are on par with digital development and the growth of broadband penetration.

In addition to DAP, he also noted that the Commission presented the Nigeria Tennis League, an annual tennis competition to attract interested youngsters and prepare them for continental and world championships.

Earlier in his speech, YEN president Chris Kohoh, the organisers of the program, said the essence of the awards was to honour our living and dead heroes who have contributed significantly to the nation’s socioeconomic development.

Recommended For You

About the Author: chrisnema Darlington

I'm an entertainer, blogging is just a way of showing my love for entertainment,sports and music.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

%d bloggers like this:
Read previous post:
davido
Davido Not Sole Owner Of His Private Jet

  David 'Davido' Adeleke may not be the sole owner of the private plane he claims to have purchased. The...

Close